Your wedding is not just a celebration of your love; it is also a way to thank the special people in your life. Wedding favors, in particular, are the expression of that gratitude. It says thank you for being a part of our special day, and a part of our lives.
That’s why couples should give as much thought to their wedding favors as they do to any other detail in the wedding. Why give something boring and generic, which will only end up gathering dust in the corner of a cupboad? Make it special, make it beautiful, and make it something that, when seen, will make them remember you and your wedding.
There are many unique ideas for wedding favors out there, here are just things to consider when you’re making a selection:
- Follow your wedding theme. Did you have a beach wedding? A little glass jar with sand and shells can be used as a paperweight. Add a romantic quote or a verse from a poem with a sea theme, and you have something that matches your theme, and is practical.
- Be nostalgic. Dress up a photo frame with a couple portrait, or a CD with your favorite music. Even an ordinary box, useful for odds and ends like paperclips or jewellery, becomes a touching wedding favor if itís filled with potpourri and a personal note from the couple thanking the guest for sweet memories.
- Give something useful, but dainty. What about a champagne charm with a heart (to toast your new life), with a note that says that you hope that your guest will have many days as happy as this wedding is for you? A sachet with potpourri, to put into wardrobe or drawer, can also carry the scent of the flowers in your bouquet. These are things that they don’t usually buy for themselves, but will definitely appreciate while carrying the theme of your wedding.
- Think sweets. Chocolates and candies are always a welcome souvenir, and can be wrapped to reflect the theme of your wedding. If you have a very elegant evening wedding, try your favourite belgian chocolates in a small gold box. You can even ask some suppliers to form your monogram into a chocolate, or have chocolate handpainted to look like little bouquets of flowers.
- Candles or candle holders personalised with the bride and groom’s initials can also be a lovely keepsake for guests.
There are so many unique wedding favors that the problem isn’t what to give, but which one to give. And with the large variety, there’s bound to be one that fits into your budget and theme.